Watch the recipe video
They are different. Yes they have a similar ingredient list, in many of the same proportions; but Scones are slightly drier and crumblier in our opinion.
Biscuits usually have an acid component - buttermilk - but not always.
Scones usually have a sweet component - but not always.
So which side are you on? Scones or Biscuits... Or both depending on the culinary situation?
As far as shape - are you 'Round is the only way' or 'Wedges forever'.
Let us know in the comments.
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% cream
- 2 1/3 cups (575 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp (20 mL) honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) 35% cream for brushing
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) turbinado sugar