Easy Weeknight Italian Meat Sauce
Watch the recipe video
The base of this sauce is our Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe.
Easy Weeknight Meat Sauce
This meat sauce is so easy to make you can enjoy it any night of the week!
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano
- 1 lb (500 g) extra lean ground beef
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 batches of our ‘Homemade Tomato Sauce’
In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook onion, garlic and oregano for 2 minutes. Add beef and cook, stirring for about 8 minutes or until browned. Add salt and pepper.Pour in pasta sauce and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes; remove from heat.
Details:Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 10-12 servings