We Make Hot Cross Buns Recipe,how to make hot cross buns,how to make hot cross rolls,hot cross rolls recipe,paul hollywood hot cross buns,mary berry hot cross buns recipe,easter buns recipe,how to make easter buns,how to make spiced fruit buns,spiced fruit bun recipe,home made easter rolls,how to make easter rolls
Hot cross bun recipehttps://youtu.be/2020pb1Oi1UWe Make Hot Cross Buns For Easter - What's better to serve on Easter morning than this Easter Bun Recipe. This is a classic hot cross bun recipe, filled with spices and fruit.https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a678c0718b27d534f591b05/5a69eb8be2c483e34e3dd0b7/5ca7a49b9140b7f014a44b2c/1554490527951/Making+Hot+Cross+Buns+Awords+copy.jpg?format=2500w
- 500g bread flour
- 75g sugar
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) clove, ground
- 2 mL (½ tsp) nutmeg, ground
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) mace, ground
- 2 mL (½ tsp) allspice, ground
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cinnamon, ground
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 10g salt
- 10g instant yeast
- 60g butter, melted
- 300mL milk, warmed to body temperature
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150g currants
- 70g mixed candied peel
- For the topping
- 75g flour
- 100 mL water
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) honey, maple syrup, simple syrup
- Mix the flour, sugar, spices, lemon zest, salt and yeast in a large bowl or stand mixer.
- Beat the egg into the milk, and then add milk, and butter to the flour.
- Mix this into a ragged dough and then let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Start kneading the dough, and add in the peel and currants.
- Knead until, elastic and it forms a smooth ball.
- Cover with and let rest in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out on to your (unfloured) work bench and divide into 12 balls.
- Each ball should be around 100g.
- Round each dough ball as I show in the video.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the dough balls close together; flattening them slightly.
- Cover and let rest for 40-60 minutes until the buns have doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
- If you are making a cross - or happy face - mix together the four and water to make a paste.
- Pipe a cross or any design on each bun.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until golden-brown, and an internal temperature is 200ºF - 210ºF.
- Melt the honey or syrup, and while the buns are still warm, brush the tops to give a shine.
- Allow to cool fully before eating...
Le Gourmet TV 2019