Mini Molasses Spice Bundt Cakes For Two
Watch the recipe video
You don't have to make the bourbon glaze... but why wouldn't you?
Mini Molasses Spice Bundt Cakes (For Two)
Are you looking for a little after dinner snack?
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
- Pinch of pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) dry ground ginger
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) allspice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) baking soda
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) salt
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) cooking molasses
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) water
- For The Glaze:
- ¼ cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) bourbon
Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).Grease and flour two 1 cup mini Bundt pans.In a bowl combine butter, pinch of pepper, ground ginger, cinnamon, and allspice.Microwave 1 minute to melt, then stir to combine.Set aside.In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.In a 3rd bowl whisk together sugar, egg, fresh grated ginger, molasses, and water.Whisk the butter mixture into the sugar mixture, then whisk in the flour mixture.Carefully pour into prepared Bundt pans.Bake for 15-20 minutes.Let cool for 10-15 minutes before removing cakes from pans.For the glaze mix together icing sugar and bourbon; pour over cakes just before serving.
Details:Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 servings