How to Make Real Vinegar
Watch the recipe video
- 250g raw cane sugar (like jaggery)
- 1 Pineapple (about 2Kg)
- 500 mL distilled or spring water
- 15 mL beer, wine, or champagne yeast
- 30 mL raw vinegar or vinegar mother
- You could use 2 Kg of ANY fruit you'd like: apples, pears, peaches, etc.
- Yeast sediment from the first batch can be poured into the next to start the alcohol fermentation.
- The mother will develop over multiple acetic fermentations and can be used almost endlessly if cared for.