Tasty Weekend Waffles
Watch the recipe video
These waffles have a fluffy light interior texture thanks to the sour cream (or yogourt) - this is essentially the same as 'Buttermilk' waffles.
Who says that waffles are hard to make? These are so easy, almost as quick as those toaster imposters…
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¾ cup (175 mL) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sour cream or plain yogourt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) melted butter
In a large bowl whisk together the ‘dry’ ingredients.In another bowl whisk together the liquid ingredients.Mix the liquid into the dry.Cook in a heated waffle iron per manufacturer instructions.This makes enough for two people and can be doubled.
Details:Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 servings